Presenter Fiona Zawadzki works with a student to perfect his solar car model. Renewable energy is explored in the workshop.
has a creative approach to developing, piloting and managing educational
Educational Partners and Projects:
- Metro Vancouver Watershed Education
- City of Surrey suite of programs for K-12 and adult education
- City of North Vancouver K-7 programs
- UNICEF Canada's Global Classroom Resource
- Junior Achievement Investment Strategies Program
- Green Bricks in schools programs and career workshop
- BC Green Games project judge
Experience Details ...
- Working with Metro Vancouver's Watershed Education Team, Skye Consulting manages the grade 4/5 field trips to allow classrooms to discover the treasures of the Seymour and Coquitlam Watersheds. Students learn that these are places where wildlife abounds, trees tower and water moves through natural landscapes to our drinking water supply system.
- Skye Consulting worked with UNICEF Canada's Global Classroom team to create a resource called Climate Change, Children and Youth: Local Connections to Global Issues, to support secondary school educators to work with youth to take action on climate change. Through thought-provoking activities, students have the opportunity to nurture their compassion and discover how climate change is affecting children around the world.
- Partnered with the City of Surrey since 2004, Skye Consulting developed and manages a suite of programs on the topics of waste, energy and water conservation that affect our community. These programs are offered free of charge to the schools, highly interactive and curriculum-connected for each grade. We offer programs for grades 2, 4, 5, 9, 10 and adult English Language Learners (ELL).
- Working with the City of North Vancouver, Skye Consulting offers programs in the grade 2, 4, and 5 classrooms on topics around energy conservation, waste management and diversion and keeping our streets
- Skye Consulting, as part of the Green Bricks team, developed curriculum-connected programs . The grade 10 program (Green B10cks) is designed to encourage youth to explore, appreciate and adopt green building principals. The grade 4 program (H24) engages students to understand the importance of water in our lives and how we can manage water sustainably into the future. Green Bricks has been offering programs, teacher workshops and resources since 2007 and reaches over 175 classrooms a year.
- Beginning in 2000, Skye Consulting worked with Junior Achievement to create an online stock market simulation and accompanying resources for secondary school classrooms across Canada. Investment Strategies Program, allows students to interact with business people, develop financial strategies, and use technology to build a real stock portfolio. Skye Consulting manages the simulation, trains the volunteers, and revises the classroom materials.
- In 2003, Skye Consulting worked with Junior Achievement
of Canada's national middle school program committee to redevelop
the most successful program Junior Achievement offers across Canada. Reaching
over 100,000 students a year, the then called Economics
of Staying in School (ESIS) is an inspirational program
that helps students develop positive attitudes towards education and their
- Skye Consulting works closely with Eco-Integration on several sustainability projects, including coaching and training on sustainable building design for clients such as BC Hydro. Skye Consulting understands LEED® certification and assists Eco-Integration with the education of clients on this process.
- In 2001, Skye Consulting completed the program enhancement
and pilot of Junior
Achievement of Central Ontario's middle school program, Diversity
in Action. This program is designed to demonstrate the
value of having people with different ages, genders, ethnic backgrounds,
abilities, and sexual orientation, working together in school and business